Casa Loma Tours
Enhance your group visit to Toronto's Majestic Castle Casa Loma with a Guided Tour of the Casa Loma Gardens
We are excited to announce a new program that we are offering for the Deaf and hard of hearing who use ASL. In addition to the self-guided "video tour" that we offer in American Sign Language (for around 70% of the site) we also have something new!
We have recently partnered with George Brown's School of Deaf and Deafblind Studies ASL-English Interpreter Program. They will be using Casa Loma a facility to train their student interpreters. Over the course of the next few months we have put aside 2 dates for their services to be offered: On February 20th and April 17th 2014 we will be offering interpreted General History guided tours at both 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. All tours will have interpretation for the Deaf by the students. Please contact our group sales department for more information regarding private interpreted tours on these dates.GUIDED TOURS FOR GROUPS OF TEN OR MORE
- For groups throughout the Garden Season May 1 to October 31. Visitors are invited to explore a wide range of horticultural displays that reflect the changing colours of the Canadian seasons.
In the early spring, enjoy native wildflowers planted among ferns and wild violets. From mid-May through mid-June, marvel at the glorious colours of the rhododendron dell and the beauty and fragrance of our old-fashioned roses. From June through October, enjoy perennial borders and ornamental grasses that offer ever-changing drama displayed against the backdrop of magnificent Casa Loma.Medieval Studies Tour
– The tour highlights elements of Medieval lifestyle and contrasts them with the grandeur of the Edwardian era in turn of the century and modern day Toronto. Join us as we explore Casa Loma’s Medieval inspired architecture from the Great Hall to the soaring battlements.Architectural Tour
– Augment your general tour with a focus on the architectural highlights of Casa Loma. Become familiar with the language of architecture and style.
Decorative Arts at Casa Loma – Augment your general tour with a focus on decorative arts in this Edwardian household.Estate Garden Tour
– Botany comes to life in this tour as our garden staff introduce guests to the unique wonders of Casa Loma’s spectacular gardens. Available May 1 st.
Sir Henry Pellatt’s Casa Loma – Return to a bygone era in this historical tour that highlights the lifestyle of Sir Henry Pellatt, a pivotal figure in the economic development of Canada at the turn of the 20 th century. Lady Pellatt’s Lost Jewels
- Help find the lost jewels of Lady Pellatt, mistress of Casa Loma. A guide will tour your class through the secret passages, halls and rooms in search of the misplaced items. Hollywood Tour
– This exciting tour highlights castle locations used in over 20 major motion pictures and reveals behind the scenes glimpses of how the magic of the movies is brought to life.